Monday, March 15, 2010

Thumb Twiddle!

A trivial post while I procrastinate over my intolerably delayed Live Nude Bisque articles -- now I'm behind by four restaurants, and our millions of fans are slavering I tell you, slavering.


Point One: re a promo last night for Fox's new series 'Sons of Tuscon' (coming soon to a running gag on Family Guy, I assure you): if you happen to be selecting clips from a show to put in an ad. especially in an ad for the series premiere, the line "Sometimes you have to sit through the crap to get to the good stuff" is one you probably should leave out.

Point Two: if any of my three readers have an otherwise boring hour and a half to kill, and want to see some amusing (not good, but amusing) gore effects done on an obviously shoestring budget (and that's not even two whole shoestrings, mind you), and most importantly, want to really understand what it's like being about sixteen to twenty-three in Orange County CA, check out the very stupid but entertaining film Drive Thru at Fearnet.com. Caution: sound on load. Caution II: this link apt to rot soon as Fearnet changes its rotation.

And Point Three: am I the only one who feels that the phrasing of YouTube's viewer recommendations -- i.e, "X Video because you watched Y video" -- sounds sort of punitive?

---

PS Point Four, a little later: I predict that Toyota commercials are only going to get even more hilarious for the foreseeable future.

No comments: