Thursday, July 23, 2009

Back to Ragging on Commercials

Okay, I just can't believe that there are two separate ad campaigns for two separate fast-food chains forcing me to say it, but please, please, CEASE REFERRING TO MY "KISSER". I do not call my mouth a "kisser", particularly when the activity being referred to is eating, not kissing; my friends do not call it a "kisser"; my parent's generation does not call it a "kisser", NOBODY HAS CALLED IT A FUCKING "KISSER" SINCE THE HONEYMOONERS WENT OFF THE AIR.

More specifically, I simply do not ever want to hear your growly middle-aged-to-elderly-sounding male announcer purring juicily about anyone's "kisser", especially not when he's also slobbering out syllables describing the mouth as "a round hole" or...hhhh...talking about "loading the tubes" to "fire a tasty torpedo" toward it -- why do I even have to tell you people this? You're selling sandwiches, not blowjobs; moreover, even if you were selling blowjobs, it should be very basic marketing wisdom that the customer base involved will (for the most part) not only wish to keep "gravelly-voiced older man and/or Denis Leary impersonator" out of the mental imagery, but will want also to be positioned as the party in this transaction whose mouth is not full.

No comments: