Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I say this from my perspective as the greatest wizard of my generation, of course.

Okay, I picked up Promethea vol. 3 by Alan Moore, and this is my review: This series has the highest quality-to-pretentiousness ratio I've ever seen, but good GRIEF that's a pretty high total volume of pretention.  I'm calling it about (Illuminatus!) x 2.5 on the pretentiometer.

"Behold, cretins, I will teach you magic in a comic book!"

Just barely justified by the fact that he does do a pretty good job with the Intro to Magic 101.
Moore actually feels more like he's making fun of his audience than Crowley did. That's some sort of literary achievement by itself.

Here's a line: "It makes you wonder if we have emotions, or if emotions have us."

Brilliant, but SO snotty.

I don't know why I'm writing an essay on this, but I'll blame it on Vicodin.

No comments: